Thursday, October 22, 2009

WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINNER AT MONGKOK


Jo with her partner, Ken




Ivy displays her nails for me

Yes folks, that IS the name of an incredibly popular chinese restaurant in Chinatown, Adelaide.  Last night we celebrated Jo's 52nd birthday.  Jo is the youngest in the group and joined about 5 years ago.  She was the physiotherapist who managed to straighten my back initially but who eventually advised that I seek medical intervention, as my back was "bad"!

So, Happy Birthday Jo and thanks to Geoffrey for ordering all those chilli dishes.  All I will say is that they were hot, hot, hot.

I often remark to myself "the things you see when you don't have a camera".  That line played in my head last night when I saw a bright sparkle out of the corner of my eye.  Fortunately, I had my camera so was able to take photos of a fellow diner's stupendous fingernails.  Ivy is the director of a beauty salon in chinatown and I guess she figured that it makes sense to advertise one's products and, after taking her photo, with lightning speed she flipped me her business card.  The chinese are very good at business, methinks.  Those twinkly things shone brightly under the halogen lights and even though they are fake nails, they are quite spectacular, don't you think?