Wednesday, November 4, 2009

CELEBRATING ANOTHER YEAR


Judy lights the sparkler on the cake; Wendy protects her head from the peeing possum in the tree above; Michael helps himself to some of the other Michael's salad while the rest of the crew (Jo, Ken, David, Andrew, John, Robyn and MB) hide out of site.  
I'm the 54 year old in Green, looking at MB who is wielding the camera.


Well, lo and behold, this morning I woke up and I was 54 years old!  Who would have ever thought I would live to such a grand old age?  A few apparently as there were delightful messages on email and Facebook and cards in the letterbox, not to mention four new tyres on my car and some lovely Body Shop potions and lotions too; a gift voucher for a manicure, $50 towards my hairdo and some pretty knickers from my mother.  Spoiled rotten?  Yes, I think so.

I had a lovely day at the hairdresser and having a manicure, followed by a short game of tennis in the park, BBQ dinner and then chocolate mud cake courtesy of Judy of course (who delights us all by bringing cake, paper plates & sparklers).  MB gave a speech and then everyone sang happy birthday.  Seriously, what more could I want?

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes.  I appreciated every single one of them.